Image Editing Services for eCommerce
In eCommerce, image editing makes product photos look as perfect and as realistic as possible. According to market research, 67% of customers say that the quality of a product image is “very important” in their decision to purchase. This means that if your product photos don’t look their best, you could lose out on many potential sales.
Humans are visual creatures. In fact, 90% of the information sent to the brain is visual. We buy with our eyes, and we need to see the product first before making a purchase, even if we’re doing transactions online. This is especially true for products we can’t touch or try on, like clothes or cosmetics. You will need multiple sets of images for your products that allow your customers to see the product from all angles.
Product photography is essential for online stores, but it’s not always easy to do on your own—especially if you don’t have the proper equipment or skills. This is where image editing services come in. A good image editor will ensure that each and every photo of your product meets your standards, so you can have the best chance of making a sale.
What is Image Editing?
Image editing is the process of improving digital photos or graphics. This can be done by correcting color, removing blemishes, adding effects, or any other technique that can make the image look better. Image editors usually work with raw files or unedited images to make them look their best before they are used for things like website banners, product listings, or social media posts.
During the editing stage, the images are cleared of any impurities or distractions. The goal is to create a clean canvas before the editors apply their creative vision. This is when the editors would remove any unwanted elements from the photos like a background, dirt, or stray hair. They might also fix any lighting issues or color imbalances.
For example, if your photo has a yellow tint, the editor would adjust the color balance to make it look more natural. If the photo is too dark, they might brighten it up. It’s all about correcting the photo, so it looks as realistic and as close to the original subject as possible.
There are many different techniques used in image editing, but some of the most common include:
- Color correction: This is the process of adjusting the colors in an image to make them more accurate or consistent. This is often done with photos that have been taken in poor lighting conditions or with a camera that doesn’t produce accurate colors.
- Retouching: This is the process of removing blemishes, wrinkles, or any other imperfections from an image. This is often done with product photos to make them look as perfect as possible.
- Effects: This involves adding special effects to an image to make it more eye-catching or unique. This could include things like adding a vignette, changing the colors, or adding filters.
- Cropping: This is the process of removing parts of an image that are unnecessary or not needed. This is often done to focus on a certain element in the image or to make the image a certain size.
- Resizing: This is the process of changing the dimensions or file size of an image. This is often done to make an image fit a certain space or to reduce the file size so it can be easily shared online.
When to Hire Image Editing Services?
Generally, image editing should be done whenever you use a digital photo to represent your product. If you want your business to look its best, it’s important to have high-quality images that accurately represent what you’re selling.
You need professional image editors if your product photos are:
- Blurry: If your photos are blurry, it will make your products look cheap and low-quality. Image editors can fix this by sharpening the image and improving the clarity.
- Poorly lit: If a photo is too dark or too bright, it can be hard to see the details of your product. This can be fixed by adjusting the brightness and contrast.
- The wrong color: If the colors in your photo are inaccurate, it can make your product look unappealing. Image editors can fix this by correcting the colors.
- Too small: If an image is too small, it can be hard to see the details of your product. Image editors can resize the image, so it’s the right size.
While you can technically edit your own photos, it’s usually best to leave it to the professionals. Image editing is a complex process that requires knowledge of color theory, design, and photo editing software. If you’re not familiar with these things, it’s easy to make mistakes that can ruin an otherwise good photo.